Effective date: September 22, 2022
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
• Account and Profile Information. When you sign up for an account to use our app, we ask for information such as your name, phone number, email address, password, date of birth, gender, profile photo, and preferences. Please see the “Other Users” section under “HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT” below for important details about how certain account and profile information is viewable by other Users.
• Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, if you contact us for customer support, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and any attachments you send to us, and any other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter or sign up to receive notifications or updates, we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
• Other Content. We also collect any other content you provide through the app, such as the selfie you provide when you choose to create or attend an event on the app, and the other event information you provide when you choose to create an event on the app. Please see the “Other Users” section under “HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT” below for important details about how this content is viewable by other Users.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
• Location Information. When you use our app, we receive your precise location information. We may also infer your general location information when you use our Services, for example, by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
• Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Services to their fullest potential.
• Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, such as your IP address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
• Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, such as the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with and the amount of time you spend viewing them, the searches you conduct, the people you connect with, the events you’ve attended, the places you’ve visited, any content you post, and the dates and times of your visits.
• In-app Messaging. If you choose to message other Users through the app, we receive information about these communications, such as the date and time of the message, the name of the person you are communicating with, and the contents of the message.
• Contacts. If you choose to use our emergency contacts safety feature or add friends from your contacts, we receive a contact list. We will not store this contact list, which will only be used momentarily to select the contacts to either send information about your Hang to, in the case of emergency contacts, or send friend requests to, in the case of adding friends.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we collect:
• To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
• To personalize your experience on our Services, such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
• To support the social functionality of the app, such as allowing you to interact with other Users on the app;
• To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
• To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
• For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
• To generate de-identified, non-personal information that we may use for analytics, reporting, or similar purposes;
• To send you text messages and push notifications;
• For security purposes, to find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
• For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
• For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
• Other Users. Our app is a social service in which you can find, enjoy, and share content. Please note that the selfie and other content you provide when you create or attend an event on our app will always be viewable by other Users. In addition, some of your account and profile information (i.e., your name, age, and gender) will always be viewable by other Users who attend the same event as you, while other account and profile information (i.e., your profile photo) will only be viewable by your friends. We are not responsible for the other Users’ use of available information, so you should carefully consider whether and what to post or how you identify yourself on the app.
• Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we collect with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
• Analytics Partners. We use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to collect and process certain analytics data. You can learn more about Google’s practices by visiting Google's site.
• As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
• Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
• Location Information. You can limit the sharing of precise location information through your device’s operating system settings. However, location is core to our Services and without it, you may not be able to successfully use our Services.
• Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
• Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use our Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You can update your account and profile information through your profile settings on the app.
Tiger Software LLC
833 W Buena Ave Apt 1305
Chicago, IL 60613